WHAT IS GUEST POSTING?
WHAT IS GUEST POSTING?
Learning How To Guest Post
"Guest Posting," a.k.a. Guest Blogging technically means writing and publishing blogs or posts on somebody's blog or website. It is one of the essential ways to generate online traffic, attract them to our site, increase credibility and brand awareness, establish our domain's authority by using external links to web pages with higher reliability, and build relationships with other bloggers who accept blog-posting services for related industry.
Most of the time, it mutually benefits the guest blogger, the one who makes the guest posts, and the websites that host the guest content. It is a two-way road. That is why hosts must consider featuring the guest blogger's website posts whenever they decide to jump into this bandwagon.
Is it essential to our businesses? Why?
It offers several benefits for some businesses there is. Through sharing a guest blogger's expertise on a host website, this will help establish themselves as an authority figure online and expose their brand to an entirely new lead. It will enable them to communicate their fresh perspectives and content to these audiences. It will increase the probability of entertaining readers with engaging content or information.
These are the three (3) reasons why it is considered a strategic move for every blogger and business people build online influence and authority:
* It is relationship-building
- Every host needs excellent blog content. By giving this to our website host, we will build a good and tight relationship with them. It will benefit their site and ours. We should know that bloggers are making a tremendous amount of percentage when conversing through the Internet, especially on social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. It holds a significant influence on potential traffic leads.
* It is best for search engines
- host bloggers must also post the link to a guest blog/post somewhere inside the page. This will generate attraction from the readers and for over a period of time, these backlinks will increase the value of both the host and guest blogger's posts, blogs and website and it will be simpler to find via search engines platforms such as Google, Yahoo!, Bing, etc.
* It is connecting us to new people
- as we have learned earlier, people lurk around the Internet so much today. It allows us to engage in a community that has already been established. And by "established," we can assume that there will be a right lead quantity that we can communicate and attract from time to time. If we do it right and be patient, we will have good results. We must always remember that good contents project good impressions.
So, how do we perform guest posting? What lies ahead are the essential steps we could use to be a good or even the best, guest blogger ever.
1. It is best to make sure we know the things we want out of this blogging experience. Search for blog industries or companies that aren't potential competitors to ours. In that way, we can deliver our insight to the readers very well. Performing it for our partners serves as a part of the strategic co-marketing process, and it tends to develop good relationships with future partners.
2. Rigid research is vital for our guest post to succeed. A lot of spam is surfacing the Internet until today. One great move for us to have a successful g-posting is not posting or publishing any post that can be considered spammy. This type of blog is irrelevant, repetitive, nonsensical, and disrupts interest from readers.
3. To avoid spammy contents, focus on researching writers related within our niche, withing the market, credibility, and established online authority. Always put in mind that guest bloggers often agree to what the host bloggers are posting. Guests must ensure that the host's idea correlates to his/her interests. If one does the other way, performing it reflects negative results on both companies.
We should know that accepting guest posts and offering guest posts have common things to look up before it is done:
*Are the followers of these blogs or bloggers who are actively commenting, posting, reviewing, publishing them in their networks, or engage with the contents? Do you even know if they have followers?
- It is good to know if the prospect host blogger or guest blogger generates traffic regularly to ensure a good result. Why would a good blogger waste his/her time posting on someone's webpage that doesn't have followers?
*Are these people having their Social Media accounts that they can use for posting their blogs? Do they post regularly there? Is the post legitimate and not plagiarized?
- It will make everything better is whether the blogger is active, accessible, bright, reliable, or none of the above. One must not risk posting a well-played guest blog inside a lame and unvisited blog page and accepting a low-quality guest blog into your well-established and accessible web page. It benefits both sides if it is done well.
*Are they having an excellent online authority? Can they make my ranking in SEO up or not? Can I be seen by new traffic lead?
- One of the purposes of performing guest posting is to be known to as many people as possible. Eventually, having an excellent host and guest blogger-relationship with a good skill set will benefit from ranking up each other's SEO. However, it is given that there is no instance of this; the patience is worth it.
NOTE: Some professional has this simple tip in finding potential and relevant blogs that help us publish ours. Using search engines, type the keyword for the relevant industry you'd like to publish added with "guest post" phrase or "write us." This will help us find people who are potentially interested in the topic we are writing and currently accepting submission.
How can we say that a Guest Post is having a high-quality?
Well, a guest post is intended to educate the readers and not selling our products and services directly. But if these products and services have relevance to the post, then there's nothing wrong with featuring them in it. Beware that there is a difference between selling products or services and educating readers about the related topic.
Here simple but useful tips for us:
- Make a clear and concise bio. Although many host bloggers allow their guests to include backlinks to their webpages, some are so strict with it. That's why making a short but direct identity is much of big help in having an excellent guest posting.
- Including at least one relevant internal link back to the host's previous blog post inside our guest post is a good act that will help increase the host's site's authority and traffic.
- Keep in mind that the more comments and shares a blog gets, the more chances it will rank up its SEO. Do not forget to conclude each post a call-to-action that will make the readers leave comments. Just keep the CTA noticeable but straightforward.
- One excellent and effective gesture is sharing our blog posts in our social media accounts. This will help promote the guest blogger, the host, and each of their businesses at the same time. It is an excellent way to say thank you for the privileges and benefits that each party enjoyed.
- Google Analytics - use this to track down lead and traffic the guest post is generating. By this, we can have a broader idea of what the readers want to hear and also what's best for the business.
These steps take us away from spammy content and provide the best benefits of a high-quality guest posting. Always remember that enhancing our brand's credibility and reaching the audiences in the industry will eventually help our SEO rankings over time.