Having an inconsistent year is understating what many business owners went through in 2020. It has become increasingly challenging to grow business during the pandemic, making it a real challenge to meet goals. In fact, nine out of ten small businesses have stated that they have had to “reinvent themselves” due to the problems ensuing from the Covid-19 crisis.
At the start of the new year, you may see a glimmer of light. 2021 will be another year for reinvention, and you can hope for the better and brighter growth of your businesses. And that goes for SEO improvements and SEO techniques to increase traffic.
You may have noticed that your website’s SEO performance metrics have changed. Such a change is likely because millions of people rely on the internet more than ever to find what they need. Since they can’t go out, having things online increase the number of searches of offerings per industry.
This includes yours. With that in mind, it is time to review your business’s SEO tactics and strategy to see how effective it stands in today’s more than competitive online marketplace.
Google is changing things up from time to time, and you have to keep up. It’s getting more powerful and more intelligent as months go by. Aside from improving how it analyzes and understands web pages, it has also improved how it keeps people within its frameworks. These changes may be helpful, but it also means that marketers would have to work harder to make SEO work.
But do not fret. Below is a list of SEO optimization tips that you can apply for your business to grow as we move into 2021.
Make a List of Keywords
One of the critical components of SEO is keywords. People can discover your website via search engines thanks to your SEO keywords and phrases. Search engine optimization can help connect the searcher with your site by using keywords relevant to their search query.
Basically, to make sure that people find your products, services, or information quickly, you need to know how they search for it. Otherwise, they may land on one of the many other pages in the search results. Using keyword SEO on your site will help you outrank your competition.
For this reason, the development of a list of keywords is one of the first steps in any search engine optimization effort. SEO and keywords go hand in hand when it comes to running a successful search marketing campaign. Investing time and resources into making sure your SEO keywords are relevant to your audience and effectively organized for action both play a role in ensuring your SEO efforts are successful.
Create Awesome Content
These are not just ordinary content but information or graphics that aim to attract search engine traffic. SEO content can be in any of the following styles:
- Basic information – this is a standard or a must for a business website to have—information about the company and how to contact them. Having this essential information can help create a sense of credibility for the people visiting your website.
- The Product page- this is the heart and soul of any retail e-commerce site. It can serve as both SEO and PPC content. This section of your website allows you to promote your products and provide a piece of in-depth information about them. It is where the sale happens.
- Blog Posts – Building a regular blog is one of the simplest ways to create effective SEO content. Blog posts get more engagement than product pages and are more likely to develop a link so that they can be a good source of authority for your site.
- Articles: You’ll find this kind of content on most newspaper-style websites as news articles, features, or interviews. You can be creative and have a similar feature for your website to let people know more about you( more than what they can see on the About us section). This section in your website can be a perfect avenue to give updates to your audience.
- Lists: A list is basically like an article, but framing it as a list, for example, “10 best SEO tips” or “5 things you should put in your website”. This type of content makes it easier to scan. These titles also seem more clickable when found in search results or social media feeds.
- Guides: Guides explain something in detail in a longer piece of content. You can post a complete guide on your website or post an excerpt in return for visitors completing a registration form. This can be an excellent way to generate leads.
- Videos: Since fewer videos than articles are utilized on the web. It can be easier to get listed for a competitive keyword by producing a video rather than an article. Videos can help with SEO and search ranking since they are a good source of backlinks for your webpage. Additionally, they are great for repurposing your content. The conversion of blogs to videos can provide a new source for driving traffic, as videos boost your organic traffic by 157%.
- Infographics: This is a large-format image containing many details about the image’s subject and can generate many page views and links.
Take note that these are just some types of content you can create for search engine optimization, but the options are endless. You can explore different content that suits and works for your brand.
Optimize voice search
With the rise of voice search, it is becoming an increasingly significant part of ranking search results. Having voice assistants like Siri, Google Assistant, and Alexa has made it easier than ever to do voice searches to look up information.
According to a recent survey, 25% of US adults now own a smart speaker (this number is expected to rise to 55% by 2022); voice search is definitely something you should consider incorporating into your SEO strategy.
One study indicates that close to 90 million smart speakers in the US and ComScore predicted search queries would account for half of the searches in 2020. No updated numbers have been published, but smart speakers are expected to account for half of the searches in 2020.
Create A Mobile-Friendly Website
Optimizing your site for mobile has become an integral part of SEO. Google, for instance, has implemented a mobile-first index. That means Google will now rate your website based on how it performs on a mobile device. It will not rank higher if a site does not function properly on mobile or is not responsive. Statistics show that mobile accounts for 58% of all Google searches.
To optimize your search engines’ pages, you’ll have to consider its user behavior on mobile devices.
Maximize your Social Media Accounts
Some people might not realize that social media plays a significant role in promoting companies’ content to a broader audience. This leads to a host of SEO benefits, including more page rank, improved engagement for branded queries, and increased SERP real estate.
After analyzing 23 million social media shares across selected platforms, CognitiveSEO discovered a direct link between social shares and SEO. Google and other search engines rank your website based on the shares, likes, and comments your posts receive.
Social media is a great avenue to share backlinks, and it helps increase awareness. The best part about it is inexpensive because creating a social media account is free. So it’s best to maximize it to its fullest potential.
Enhance User Experience
This goes for both desktop and mobile experience. Your website should first look aesthetically excellent and appealing. Users are likely to bounce back to the SERPs and click on another result if your website looks untrustworthy, outdated, or amateurish. Most people’s evaluation of a website’s credibility is based on its aesthetics. So better make sure that one look at your site, people can say that it is worth exploring.
The second thing you need to look at is the website speed. Nobody wants to wait! Especially when you are browsing the internet. People want results fast. In a survey, nearly all consumers said the website’s page speed influences their willingness to purchase a product. A faster website can perform better organically and also improve conversion rates.
Experience shows that people don’t just recall bad online experiences – they tell their friends about them. And you don’t want that. People are more likely to stop visiting a substandard site and disdain your business if they think you have no credibility in the market.
It is essential, then, to have an excellent user interface and user experience design. There is no doubt in my mind that investing in this is a worthwhile investment since it gives people exactly what they want. Having a good user experience even creates loyalty as they are more likely to come back. It leaves a lasting impression and a good recall.
Optimize Local SEO
Optimizing your website for local searches is another crucial component. According to Google, 30% of mobile searches involve location. Also, 78% of these searchers do so on their smartphones, visit local stores within a day, and 28% make a purchase based on their searches.
Staying up to date with SEO
Business owners and marketers must adapt and make their websites stand out from the competition. SEO is rapidly evolving, and it goes with SEO optimization tips. So watch out, keep an eye on content creation and copywriting basics, and keep an eye on trends like backlinks, site speed, and schema.
You don’t have to become an SEO expert overnight. It is always an effort to understand even the basics of SEO, but you will see a big difference in your website’s click-through rates, engagement, and rankings.